Author: bzt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 02:30:39 +0100
Added SSFN as a Suckless font rendering library
2 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
diff --git a/suckless.org/other_projects/index.md b/suckless.org/other_projects/index.md
@@ -29,6 +29,7 @@ There are several other projects which are inspired by the spirit of suckless.
* [spp](https://github.com/radare/spp) - simple pre processor
* [spt](https://github.com/pickfire/spt) - simple pomodoro timer
* [srw](https://bitbucket.org/emg/srw) - simple read wrapper
+* [ssfn](https://gitlab.com/bztsrc/scalable-font2) - single header bitmap, pixmap, vector font renderer
* [ssg](https://github.com/jroimartin/ssg) - slide generation system with markdown-like syntax
* [ssg](https://www.romanzolotarev.com/ssg.html) - Static site generator 180 LoC
* [sup](//oldgit.suckless.org/sup/) - minimalistic sudo replacement
diff --git a/suckless.org/project_ideas/index.md b/suckless.org/project_ideas/index.md
@@ -49,6 +49,13 @@ care about font specifics.
[Some work](https://git.ekleog.org/leo/dtext) has already been done to replace
libXft and Fontconfig. Real-world testing is however still needed.
+A simple solution is [Scalable Screen Font](https://gitlab.com/bztsrc/scalable-font2),
+which is a dependency-free, single ANSI C89 header file that can render bitmap,
+pixmap and vector fonts using the same API. Uses a very efficient font format and
+includes a multiplatform command line tool to convert virtually all font files
+into .sfn files. Comparable to professional font rendering engines, supports
+UNICODE, scaling, anti-aliasing, alpha-blending, kerning, ligatures etc.
***Requirements:*** C knowledge, some X11 knowledge and of course knowledge
about the font formats and how to handle them.