Author: Hiltjo Posthuma <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 19:57:21 +0100
update rocks page
- remove C++ programs.
- pass: "the standard unix password manager" <- quote from site.
- remove shus: it is Linux specific and not deserving of a rocks status.
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/suckless.org/rocks/index.md b/suckless.org/rocks/index.md
@@ -64,15 +64,12 @@ This covers most console-based programs and programs from
### Audio Players
-* [C* Music Player](https://cmus.github.io/) - A ncurses music player that can be controlled with an UNIX socket.
-* [cplay](http://cplay.sourceforge.net/) - music player written in bash using mplayer.
+* [C* Music Player](https://cmus.github.io/) - aka cmus, a ncurses music player that can be controlled with an UNIX socket.
* [moc](https://moc.daper.net/) - console audio player for Linux/UNIX.
* [mpd](https://www.musicpd.org/) - A client/server based music player with console and graphical front-ends.
* [mpg123](http://www.mpg123.de/) - A console MPG player which doesn't use auto*hell or extra libraries.
* [mpg321](http://mpg321.sourceforge.net) - A command-line MP3 player.
* [vorbis-tools](https://www.xiph.org/) (Ogg/FLAC) - Command-line tools to play Ogg and FLAC files.
-* [RSound](https://github.com/Themaister/RSound/) - Simple PCM audio server and client.
### BitTorrent clients
@@ -149,13 +146,13 @@ This covers most console-based programs and programs from
### Media players
-* [mplayer](http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html) (without GUI) - You know mplayer, but you may not know that it works well without the GUI.
* [mpv](https://mpv.io/) - a free, open-source and cross-platform media player.
* [ffplay](https://www.ffmpeg.org/ffplay.html) - FFplay is a very simple and portable media player. It came with ffmpeg which depends on mplayer.
### Password managers
-* [pass](https://www.passwordstore.org/) - The standard unix password manager.
+* [pass](https://www.passwordstore.org/) - "The standard unix password manager".
* [tpm](https://github.com/nmeum/tpm/) - Tiny password manager.
* [spm](https://notabug.org/kl3/spm/) - Simple password manager (actively maintained fork of nmeum's tpm).
@@ -245,7 +242,6 @@ This section is dedicated to daemons that are related to the UNIX philosophy.
* [thttpd](http://acme.com/software/thttpd/) - Outperforms many bigger httpds. Old, still works very well!
* [mini_httpd](http://acme.com/software/mini_httpd/) - By the thttpd developers.
Even smaller subset of thttpd with support for .htpasswd, CGI, dirlisting, HTTP errors and SSL, nothing more or less than that.
-* [shus](https://github.com/dimkr/shus) - A tiny HTTP server for static sites.
### Gopher servers