Author: Josuah Demangeon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 12:19:29 +0200
add two related vi-like text editors
- 5% of the code (6693 lines for neatvi), 50% of the features (no macros :S)
- "conf.h" and "kmap.h" and recompiling as configuration
- very good UTF-8 support
- I never had a crash insofar
- cares about fixing memory leaks (valgrind results on nextvi README)
- nextvi quotes Rob Pike
Worth adding it?
It did not look like "yet another half-baked vi clone project".
1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
diff --git a/suckless.org/rocks/index.md b/suckless.org/rocks/index.md
@@ -214,6 +214,8 @@ This covers most console-based programs and programs from
* [vim](https://www.vim.org) (With the GUI, use `:set go+=c` to kill popup dialogs). It can be compiled to be as minimal as possible (see vim-tiny in Debian repos).
* [vis](https://github.com/martanne/vis) - A modern, legacy free, simple yet efficient vim-like editor.
* [wily](http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~oz/wily/) - An acme clone for POSIX.
+* [neatvi](https://github.com/aligrudi/neatvi) - A minimal vi implementation supporting bidirectional UTF-8
+* [nextvi](https://github.com/kyx0r/nextvi) - A continuation of neatvi development with more features.
### Text processing